Join us for our series of expert-led BIM for SMEs seminars
An introduction to BIM and Digital Transformation
with BIM Expert John Eynon
A unique programme of expert-led workshops has been developed by John Eynon to give you an introduction to BIM (Building Information Modelling) and the digital transformation of the built environment industry.
There is no one size fits all when it comes to BIM and we recognise that…. That’s why John will spend time helping you to understand what BIM actually is and what it means specifically for you and your business.
During the programme of seminars you will be briefly looking at the history of BIM as well as helping you to understand current developments and future trends to make BIM work in your business. John will also help you to start developing your own BIM implementation plan for your business or organisation whilst providing you with some free online resources to help you along the way.
Whether you’re an Architect, Surveyor, Asset Owner or someone just starting on the BIM journey… these seminars are suitable for anyone with an interest in BIM.
DATES FOR JUNE PROGRAMME
Tuesday 11th June 2019
Tuesday 18th June 2019
Tuesday 25th June 2019
Tuesday 2nd July 2019
TIME : 3:30pm – 6:30pm
PRICE : £750 + VAT for the 4 sessions.
CALL 01403 784139 TO BOOK
Book your place and join us for an opportunity to share thoughts, network with industry peers and learn from an industry leader.
IN A NUTSHELL : BIM for SMEs Programme Overview
- Introduction : BIM, Digital Life, The Universe and Everything – Overview of digital transformation, trends, new technologies, Industry 4.0, leading into BIM Level 2.
- BIM Level 2 : Basic concepts, overview of key standards and tools
- Contract, (main and sub/supplier), key documents, processes, implications, do’s, don’ts and never.
- Key documents : EIR, AIR, BEP, MIDP, TIDP, Responsibility Matrix.
- Level of Definition (model detail and model information), Levels and Dimensions
- Key roles and processes including Information Manager and CDE, Task/Project related roles.
- Implementation planning : Tools and techniques. Where to start, what to do and what to think about.
- Resources, key terms, terminology.
We will be running these as small group sessions to ensure delegates get the maximum time and attention from our expert trainer. These sessions will all take place at our modern training centre in Billingshurst, West Sussex.
Closest Railway Station: Billingshurst Railway Station
Closest Airport: Gatwick Airport
Parking: There is a car park right next to to our training centre in Jengers Mead, Billingshurst.
NB. If you are unable to attend all 4 sessions then please do speak to a member of the team about attending a ‘catch up’ session.
Our BIM Expert : John Eynon
These seminars have been developed and will be delivered by John Eynon, architect, design manager and BIM champ, with over 40 years experience in the industry. John has worked with several leading main contractors providing expert BIM support and training.
John is author of the ‘Design Manager’s Handbook’ published in 2013, #UKBIM2 a short guide to level 2 self published in 2015 and ‘The Construction Manager’s BIM Handbook’ published in 2016. He is currently researching a PhD related to BIM and Design Management at Leeds Beckett University.
By the end of the 4 sessions John will have demystified the whole subject of BIM leaving you with the knowledge and confidence to know what to do next.